Having a countertop oven is one of the most affordable and easiest ways to make preparing food at home that much easier. If you are intimidated by baking in your oven or cooking something on the stove, compact, smart ovens are a great way to limit the amount of time and stress that you are having in the kitchen.
Much like a slow cooker, smart ovens have built in technology that allows you to simply
– Place the food that you want to be cooked, into the oven
– Make sure that the oven is set to cook exactly what you need it to
– Press start, and wait for the timer to count down
They are so easy, that anyone can use them. It doesn’t matter if you have had 10 years of cooking experience, 3-5 years experience, or one month on your own of just ordering pizza. Smart ovens are made to be efficient and incredibly user friendly.
Today, we are going to be taking a look at a top performing smart oven, the Breville BOV650XL smart oven. We are going to give you an overview of everything that it offers and features that make it one of the best toaster ovens available.
Breville BOV650XL the Compact Smart Oven Review
First and foremost, this oven has plenty of room for cooking anything that you need. It has room for four whole slices of pizza, or about half of a large pizza. That also leaves room for a small 12 inch pizza or four large slices of toast. It is .6 cubic feet on the interior of the oven, and has a removable oven rack and baking pan.
Technology and Features
What separates this countertop oven for regular ovens and other countertop ovens is that it features smart baking technology. This oven has a backlit LCD that can display what you are baking, the level that you are baking at, and the total time left in the baking cycle. It also features eight baking presets that include settings for
– Roasting for meats
– Baking cookies
This oven’s smart cooking and baking technology makes it so easy to use that it doesn’t require any kind of previous cooking experience to be able to use it. It has three rack positions and a removable crumb tray for quick and easy clean up. This oven has a nice tempered glass window that is perfect for holding up to the dramatic temperature changes of the oven. It also has a defrost button and the display can easily be changed from Fahrenheit to Celsius, and vice versa.
As you have probably already ascertained from reading this, this oven is extremely easy to use and operate. To bake anything in your oven, all you have to do is
– Make sure that the baking rack is in the perfect position for what you are trying to bake. Keep in mind, that level is going to need to change based on what you are cooking in the oven.
– Make sure that your oven is put on the right settings. If you are cooking a bagel, toast, or pizza, you are going to want to make sure that you select the right level of darkness or lightness of your crust or bread. If you are defrosting, make sure that you use the defrost setting
– Then all you have to do is put your food in the oven, onto the oven rack, hit the start button, and you are ready to go.
The accessories that are included with this powerful smart oven are
– A movable baking rack that you can easily place to the level of your baking needs
– A removable crumb tray for easy cleanup
– A 10 x 10 inch enamel baking pan
– A 10 x 10 inch enamel broil rack